Monday, January 17, 2011

Hearts in a Box

This project was pretty simple. You could totally get everything at the dollar store. Of course I didn't get the box there, but there are different things at Dollar Tree that you could use... You just have to look around.

What you need:
A box.Hearts on a stick, I used three bags, plus some that I had left over from last year.Floral arrangement styrofoam.

The How To:

Glue the floral styrofoam stuff in the box. I used two since my box was deep. Then randomly stick your heart on a stick into the styrofoam. Find some spanish moss (I think that is what it is called) and spread it over the foam and around the sticks.
To spell out the word "love" I took some small ribbon, twisted, turned and glued until I had it how I wanted.

End Result... hearts in a box.

11 comments:

Heidi Wendland said...

This is so cute. I love it! I will have to try this.

Jen @ lil Mop Top said...

Very cute! I bought a pack of those heart sticks for some learning activities but will for sure use them for decorations for our Valentine's Day party!

ArtfullyJune said...

Very cute. Nice way to really make a statement with those picks.

Katie said...

This is super cute and totally creative! Just found your blog via hopestudios blog hop! I'm your newest follower!

Lindsey said...

ooo! wow i love this!!! (but i love anything pink and sparkly and hearts just make it even better)i am def. gonna make my own. so cute and creative! good work, girl!

Love,
Lindsey@thelovelypaperblog
http://lovelypapershop.blogspot.com/

Kathy said...

Very cool! Economical - but most of all lovely. Just LOVE the ribbon!
Kathy

Nicole @ Wohler's World said...

This is super cute, I just purchased a couple of bags of the hearts, and now I have a great way to use them! Thanks for sharing, visting from Somewhat Simple.

Creative Escapes said...

This is SO CUTE! I was looking for a way to display my cake pop's as a valentine gift for teachers - this would be perfect! Can you picture the cake pops from: http://mycreativeescapes.blogspot.com/2011/01/cake-pops.html in that - so cute!!! Thanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

Cute and simple arrangement-just what I like-found you on the somewhat simple blog hop and I'm your newest follower-Come by to visit!-Claire

Anonymous said...

so clever and so timely. Thanks for sharing your creativity and a bit of yourself on BeColorful's Motivated Monday.
Pam

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

ADORABLE! I would love for you to link up any of your projects to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

www.youngnester.blogspot.com